Friday, January 23, 2009

Back In Time

It's only Friday, still a good several days away from Chinese New Year but already I've hot-footed it back to my hometown in Kuantan, Pahang. Fearing that I'd be too darned bored with only Mandarin-speaking relatives to keep me company, I did what I could and brought back my Battle-Station :D

Times like this I'm pretty glad I didn't buy a desktop instead.


But that aside, coming back all the way here has always been a relaxing retreat of sorts for me. The pace of life here is starkly different from that of Subang's. Slow isn't the word though, it's somewhat more like..steady. After two weeks of early-morning drives to college, it's pretty nice to not have to rush to avoid those Doomsday hours of morningtime, lunchtime and after-work-everyone-is-in-a-terrible-mood-time.

The best of course, is the food. Who doesn't like to rave about all the different kinds of awesome food found only in specific enclaves in their birthplace? :D For me though, it's the nostalgia that makes the food all the more tasty and uber-delicious. Breakfast has been, and always will be, a bomb!

Nasi lemak with Teh-C Ping as can only be found here ;D


This is where we used to eat years ago...a piece
of memory that's still intact.



The most surprising this time around though, is the fact that my grandparents' jiran decided to provide free unsecured wireless Internet access! (^.^) Doesn't get any better than coming back here and still remain connected, heheh. This means that I'll get to do some research for my assignments even at 400 kilometers away from home...uh, regardless of whether I actually get around to doing any lah :)


Happy Chinese New Year people!

3 comments:

Jon said...

wow, in kuantan a day and already a post! fast, fast :)

your presence here is missed bro! but alas, i too am making that voyage tomorrow.

let's make the most of it aye? happy new year!

Kee Ken said...

Have Internet will travel! Hahaha.

Hope your trip back home would be an interesting one too this time.

Catch you back in subang soon! :D

Anonymous said...

wow, thx alot man...i dunno whether i should thank u or get mad at u for reminding me of wat i am trying to avoid being reminded of...=P