Friday, April 10, 2009

What Does This Look Like?

My long break from posting aside, I recently went back to my father's birthplace for the annual ancestral visit. Tucked away in the hills of Pahang, and a short drive away from Kuantan is a place called Sungai Lembing. If you think it's another dead-end town with nothing but old shops and old people, then you are...uh, correct, actually. But not entirely true also, because Sungai Lembing used to be a thriving and lively mining town with populations numbering close to 10,000. Here we have one of the deepest underground tin mines in the world, so it may be old but back then used to have lots of glory to bask in.

A visit to the museum there nabbed me plenty of shots of the various equipments and tools they used in those tin mine eras. To spruce up my viewership (which has been nothing more than 10 views a day) a little, I thought of posting this:


On display right outside the museum, this nifty little cannon of sorts is one of the equipments that survived the long boring years that passed since the last mines were closed down.

Take a shot and tell me what this is, and win an exciting 4-day trip to the next FormulaOne race in....ah well, you know the drill. *cough*smallpresent*cough* First to comment with the correct answer wins!

And only one answer per person! :D



This contest is open only for people who qualify at least as my 2nd-degree friend. The prize will be announced after the winner is found and details for delivery will be negotiated at a time after that. For details regarding degrees of friendship, please refer to Friendster.com.

17 comments:

kam*yu said...

I'll go with the toilet.

Kee Ken said...

Oh, you sure are quick xD Come on, more comments!

Iishan, Low said...

Me thinks it looks like a fire extinguisher!

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Hmm... I'd reckon a gas cylinder for air.

Габриел (Gabriel) said...

lol I tried to cheat and read the wording next to it...I phail...

Hmmm...

Toilet? No, I'm pretty sure Crissy is wrong (no offence). What toilet has wheels?

Fire extinguisher? Nah...

Gas cylinder? for air? I think it's on the line some where...

I think it's a...drum roll....

HIGH PRESSURE TANK FOR WATER!!

Kee Ken said...

You are quite smart, haha. But I blackened out the text, luckily, hahaha. Oh, you think so? Hurm...


Bring on the answers! :D

Ei Leen Lim said...

looks like the watchamacallit.. one of those cylinders for gas.. the ones u use to masak-masak XD

Kee Ken said...

You mean a cooking-gas stove? :D

Anonymous said...

no right answer yet? gah!

currynoodles

Lee said...

I'll go for OXYGEN GAS TANK too~~the world still as not crazy yet for it to be another thing when it looks like an OXYGEN GAS TANK,right?XD

Kee Ken said...

Ten comments already, finally, fuh...sure took a while xD

The answer will be announced soon, haha. Stay tuned to see if it's an oxygen tank! (or a cooking gas tank, or any other tank) :D

johnleewenyi said...

its an Intel A-series motherboard mono-tank processor fitted with the added mobility function.Pretty sure Sir francis wright used it to play Civilisation

Kee Ken said...

Ahahaha, brilliant try there John, but mining didn't involve any sort of underground gaming sessions, I think xD Still, you'd probably take home the MOST INNOVATIVE ANSWER award, haha.

Kee Ken said...

The answer shall be announced tomorrow, so stay tuned to see if your answer is The One or The Wrong One :D

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Lol.. nonsense la John. xD

I'd give him my vote for most creative answer!

Kee Ken said...

Thank you everyone for participating, I believe the comments here would constitute at least 90% of my readerships, haha.

Due to unforeseen circumstances however, err...actually I can see it ler, it's right in front of me, the unfinished assignment >.<

Due to that, the answer would announced on Friday, April 24th 2009. Stay Tuned ;D

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Booo sama diaaaaaa!! *BOOOOOO*
Lagi sekali! *BOOOOOOOOOO*

:p