Sunday, December 03, 2006

One Word: Yay!

After having to contend with an archaic hand-me-down printer for so long, the Canon BJC-265SP; (see picture below), I finally managed to get my grubby hands on a new scanner-printer-copier! :D I just wished I had bought it earlier cause all this while I had to make do with a printer that can't tell a colour ink cartridge from a black&white one, not to mention makes a whole lot of noise when I actually succeed in coaxing it into printing something. That's why I could not resist paying a visit to the still-running PC Fair at KLCC with Justin on yesterday.

The first day saw a relatively mild turnout of crowds because many people prefer to go on the last day to get the killer bargains but nevertheless by evening the fair was starting to get packed. We went in with just 50 bucks each, planning to get the money from the ATM after deciding on what to buy. And what a good decision it was, for I checked out several booths for my printer-scanner-copier. The first offered RM 288. I thought it was a steal because the unit looked absolutely gorgeous. But I didn't have the money with me so we walked on,telling the aunty at the booth that "I'll be back!". Several dozen booths later, we came to the booth that offered an even better RM 269. With free gifts even :D So yeah, the poor aunty never did see my face again after that xD

The not-so-happy part of the trip was the journey back home. I had not taken the printer-scanner-copier into account, as I found myself struggling to hug the huge printer box all the way home. We took the train to KLCC, and went back the same way. It was a challenge alright, what with the insane after-work traffic at the commuting stations. Luckily Justin was kind enough to help me carry it (take turns) so I didn't need to break my wallet and my muscles..

Interestingly, we saw this Indian pakcik who was angry at the fact that the KTM train was delayed for 10 minutes. Or so I think that's what he was angry about. Now 'angry' is actually quite an understatement, cause he scolded the government, scolded the ministry, the train operators, even the poor innocent guard who were controlling the crowd. To top it off, he spat on the track! Ah-pe-tui he went, all the while rattling off words too vulgar for this blog :D Talk about being expressive...if the train was delayed again he might've run amok, for all we know,haha.

Well, we went back home with sore hands and feet, but I was happy I made the trip there. My parents were quite shocked I actually bought something so expensive though when they saw it..oh well, my money ma :D Here are some pics:

[I know it's not very clear but I can't find a better pic]
My old, old Canon printer and...


Tadaa! My new printer-scanner-copier :D
And here's a drawing that I've scanned and edited using Google's Picasa:


At any rate, it sure beats taking pictures of my drawings :D Better go get some sleep then!

2 comments:

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

you forgot to mention about the aunties bag that got jammed at the train doors. =D

Kee Ken said...

Ah,yea lah :D That was the most candid moment of the day,how could I have missed it..