Monday, November 10, 2008

Could've Been


To me the Sunday was turning out to be quite a nice one, driving in the rain was pretty relaxing...but the poor chap in the MPV had a bad day for sure, with a wild white Kancil that madly careened off her own lane, and packing FULL ACCELERATION dove straight into the back of his nice van. Just off USJ 4.

Headlights smashed into pieces, both the cars crashed like it was a videogame and we saw it all, my sister my mum and I. Everything was in mute, not a sound heard. It was really heart-grippingly fearlful, to recall what really transpired. I have no idea why Ms.X did what she did, but my sister said that she looked absolutely ghastly and hysterical after the accident. Which means it wasn't on purpose. Right....I was in the middle lane, and just drove by. 100 metres down the road, I had a panic attack when the whole event finally registered in my brain, when I realised just how close we were to getting ourselves a really serious accident.

Whatever it was that caused this, I don't know. But really, the MPV could've been me. I could've driven 10 kmph faster and my front door would be in need of serious repair now. Heck, I would be in need of serious repair now. By God's grace I'm still here, but I think life just got a wee bit too exciting for me today. Fuh.

Thank you Lord for the journey mercies today, and I suppose I mean it quite a bit more than I would have normally...

5 comments:

Jon said...

It's the angel bro. Busted wings again.

But yeah, glad you're safe. It's crazy how the 'safe' drivers sometimes come out the worst.

Let's go drink tonight! Pick me up? :P

SueAnn said...

...and just the time we were talking about you never having to witness such events before!

It's a good thing you're safe. :)

Kee Ken said...

Jon: Eh, when did you comment, just tonight? It's been ages since we had any minum xD Ah, but you'd be free soon enough right? Another wing gone alright...although for this level of severity I think the angel must have expended like 4 pairs or something, haha.

Ann Sue: I certainly didn't expect to get my wish fulfilled and have such a close encounter. In fact I think I was the only driver to have witnessed the whole thing, since nobody else was at the side lanes. Don't know if that was good thing, but getting home safely was nice :)

beathead said...

lol the fourth part of the picture is awesome. It's like you're driving pass while saying :'sucks to be you!!!'

Kee Ken said...

Haha, not quite. It was more like "okay cool, I won't be stuck in the jam behind!" xD But yea, the other drivers in the back probably said that (^.^)