Saturday, December 13, 2008

For Your Money's Worth

Story-telling brilliantly done :)

I've probably said it before that I'm too picky for my own good most of the time when it comes to enjoying a good show in the cinema. Rustling popcorn boxes catch my attention, while idiotic (yes, I dislike it that much) handphone screens lighting up around me totally destroys my attempts to immerse myself in the movie (I mean, you go to the cinema so that you can immerse yourself in the show, no?). But every now and then, I walk out of the cinema feeling like I had made a really good decision in buying the tickets.

I still honestly opine that good movies are those where you can see, hear and feel the effort put into it by the production people. Okay, so maybe we've been seeing too many animation releases lately. Dreamworks, Pixar and Disney are no doubt working very hard to woo the audiences from the global economic gloom into the cinema halls and naturally we see more and more mediocre and same-old-same-old flicks playing in the silver screens, but thankfully some good ones still manage to stand out and show everyone else how to pull off the subtle art of entertaining entertainment.

Oh yea, try to catch the 3D version if you can. There are more likely to be less people, and hence less chance for interference, haha :D

1 comment:

Blackjack Strategies said...

I congratulate, the remarkable message