Sunday, October 19, 2008

More Information to be Googled

6 things I'm passionate about:
1) Computers
It's an obsessive-compulsive thing I guess, I just can't stand a PC that isn't properly taken care of. A PC should be well-oiled, well-maintained and well-tuned, so that it can run to its best potential. I can't write programs and I can't do any physical modifications like adding jet-exhausts and stuff, but give me any PC or laptop with a problem (Internet not working, sound not working, programs can't start, virus/malware/spyware/I-don't-know-ware) and I shall not rest until the problems are solved and resolved.

2) Technology
I like reading about gadgetry that I'll never own, for some reasons. I can read a DSLR magazine just for the sake of reading, without even knowing my aperture from my shutter speed to begin with. MP3 players, Blu-ray Discs, WiFi, Solid State Hard Drives, LED-Backlit LCD Displays, bla bla bla and everything else you can find related to consumer technology would nicely find a place as my preferred reading material (although I don't actively look for things to read).

3) Mission Work
I'm not sure if I would be involved in full-time missions in the near future, but I appreciate the work put in by missionaries and if I'm not one then I would at least want to be part of the 'senders' and contribute in other ways. But of course, the more I think about it the more I have to question my own involvement in missions work, or the lack of it to be more exact. Makes me think about how I'm being more and more attached to what the world has to offer, when there are so many other things that can be done, so many areas that I can serve in.

4) Malaysia
To me, Malaysia is my country, and it's nothing to do with National Service, so no indoctrination symptoms here :D I like Malaysia, I like the races here. Can we for once put aside the racial slurs, the racial prejudice and racial nonsense? Why are we still struggling for that 'one country, one citizen' notion even after half a century? It's sad to see that the generation running the country now are still talking about 'their own people' only. Most discouraging is the mentality of 'Malaysia as My Temporary Home', with foreign citizenship in one hand and luggage in the other, ready to flee when 'the time comes', so to speak.

5) Environment
Yeap yeap, better a tree than a plastic neon-coloured decoration any day. Littering is what miffs me the most, when nice rivers are clogged with rubbish, and also bits of brains that people must've thrown out along with the trash. In Malaysia the environment is seriously underrated, with forest reserves being shaved to make way for small decorative shrubs just so there's money to be made. The environmental movement in Malaysia is still slow, and the government really should push to protect the green heritage that we have around us. Of course, the headlines would tell you that they're currently too busy for that..

6) Others
I realised that I can sometimes be passionate towards certain people that I come across. Please don't get the idea that I'm talking about girls, I meant to say that sometimes I'm drawn to keep in touch more with a particular person just to see if there's anything I can do to help out. Wish I could be more rajin in this respect though.


6 books I read(ing) recently:
1) The Bible
You can't stop reading this for too long without going over the cliff, I realised :)

2) Christian Psychology's War on God's Word
Tough book to chew on, and rightly so because I've not touched it for a while since borrowing it from the church library. I think I should try to finish it some time. Great insights on how psychology theories and God's principles compare with one another.


6 songs I can listen to over and over again:
1) Carrie Underwood - Lessons Learned
I like how the lyrics paint a good picture out of all the mistakes that we could possibly make, it's a lesson learned to have known that we did something wrong.

2) The Corrs - Summer Sunshine
I just like the tune :D

3) New Found Glory - Kiss Me
Brilliant song here, love how they made the classic song their own.

4) Juwita Suwito - Only In The Dark
It's only in our times of need that we hear the promptings of the LORD, "only in the dark when I can't seem to see, I'll learn to hear your whisper that's been guiding me".

5) Shannon Noll - Shine
The intro alone is worth listening to over and over again, haha.

6) Sara Bareilles - Love Song
Again, the intro is the best thing to get you started on a drive.


6 things I learnt this past year:
1) God loves me, has always loved me, will always love me, no matter I do, or don't do. That is truth.

2) The harder decisions to make, are more often than not, the right ones.

3) Investing in relationships still yields the best returns.

4) I can be here and dead tomorrow, it's God's call and who am I to think that I 'tomorrow never dies'?

5) I've got to move on from the rut that I'm in, and grow up.

6) I've really got a long way to go in terms of spiritual maturity, still so many areas that I could work on.

6 valuable things I own:
1) My life. Stripped of everything else, it's just me and God, and I thank you LORD for having brought me where I am today.

2) My family and my home. My family's not perfect, and I'll never want that anyway because it's already the best one that I could ever ask for. The house is only rented, but it's home enough for me, and comfortable by all means :)

3) Friends and cousins - Coming here and making so many new friends those few years ago was certainly one of the better things to have happened to me :)

4) Provision - God will provide for me and my family one way or another, and I still don't have any reasons as of now to doubt Him.

5) Adeline - My lappie of course, not a person, although that would've been err...nice :D Most expensive thing I ever asked from my parents, at almost twice the price tag of an ordinary low-end laptop. Don't know why I picked something so expensive, but I was kinda picky with the specifications I guess. You better serve me faithfully for another decade, Adeline! xD

6) Creative ZEN - Most expensive birthday gift here. Nice to have a mini photo-album movie viewer MP3 machine around, especially when it's free :D

No comments: