Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Presents and Blessings Abound

Already, it's now October. What a year 2008 has been for me, simply amazing and unbelievable in so many ways. From RBS to entering university, this year I've definitely received more than my fair share of blessings and provision from Him. Every time I think about all the things that I had done this year, the friends I made the gifts I received and the things I've managed to do; I am simply awestruck at how the LORD made sure I was never left wanting, despite all the times that I sidetracked or even backtracked from my spritual walk.

Okay, so it's not quite the 31st of December yet, but I just wanted to do a short recap of some of the gifts that I received for my birthday, so here it goes :D


Tada! This was taken on the day they handed out the certificates for the The Star Education Fund recipients, of which I am one of them :) I truly had no idea what was in store for me after STPM was over and done with, but along came the surprise that I, the one who recklessly said "I don't know" to one of the interviewers' questions; was chosen to pursue a degree in Psychology at Sunway University College. Even more surprising was how my application for the local universities came back with my first choice, something that the dudes at the education department seldom give out. In the end I made the choice to go for Sunway, and it has not been easy adjusting to how universitiy education works but it's certainly been a wonderful blessing to have the opportunity to study there.


TWO presents from the ever-generous Mr. Lim who came back a few months earlier from Texas for his holidays. The first one on top literally got me into a stupor of sorts because it was supposed to be a 'random present'. Uh...the thing is that my old mp3 player disappeared on my way back from Bethany Home when I went up there for a visit a few months ago. Mr.Lim then kindly thought of getting me a brand new device, complete with 8 times the storage space, a nice shiny display and brilliant sound quality. But to me, it was the single most expensive present I've received, and quite shocking it was I would say. *oh no, what the heck am I gonna have to get for him?!?!* Still, I really really appreciate the gift, and the beautiful player has been my faithful in-car entertainment wonderbox ever since.

For the controller, it was also incredibly thoughtful of Mr.Lim to get me an original PS2 analog pad to replace my age-old PS1 joystick which is now bruised and seasoned. But it's too nice for me to even want to take it out of the box, so it's still in the box now xD I probably won't want to use it until my PS1 controller explodes or something, haha.


That's me in a nice and comfortable brand-new just-arrived last month Wild Channel hoodie from Aunty Choi Chew :D Many thanks to her concern about powerful air-conditioners in Sunway, and for bringing me all the way to Subang Parade to shop for it! Lectures are no longer the chill-fest they used to be, and this would certainly be brilliant for exam halls.


Over here, last but not least; is a Solvi Titus spectacle frame from the mother of a friend in Kuantan. Always wanted a plastic frame for sports or general rough use, although the problem was that I never looked good in any sort of plastic frame. Unfortunately I've not had the frame fitted with optometric glass yet, so it's still sitting there in the box on my table. Better go and get it fitted soon...

And there you have it, a quick run-down of some of my newly-acquired :) I wouldn't mind of course if there's more to come still this year, heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For all those experiencing hairloss, you need to consider utilizing topical therapies. A number of these products operate by blocking out baldness-leading to bodily hormones, while delivering growth stimulants. Make certain you talk to your physician before employing this or any other treatment so you realize that it is actually risk-free for you. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Appenffk8dti[/url]