Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yet another week?

Gosh, the last few days had been zipping by faster than Justin rushing to fetch Xin Xin home on a late Friday...it's already Sunday evening, and Monday's dawning on me yet again. I must say that it has not been a very productive week, what with the gaming marathons that we've had (cafe again next week? you bet I'll give you the cold shoulder :D). Yes Simon, I see your point. Homework's catching up with me (actually I'm already left behind by miles...to finish all the work on my hands right now would take at least 3 days of holiday). If anything, I should be quaking in my boots and start doing all-night study sessions up until I finish STPM. I should. But obviously I'm not.

To a certain extent I have to admit that I'm lazy. I'm unmotivated, easily bored, slow to think and have a much higher affinity for computers than my textbooks. But an interesting observation I made was last Friday when my english teacher asked to write on the topic "Education: What it means to me." To almost all my friends, it was very difficult topic. "Ei brother, what to write lah? What stupid title.." I don't know if they really meant it but it seemed to me as though education is nothing to them. Nothing but textbooks and exams. I was kinda annoyed, to say the least. Is this really what the Malaysian education system has churned out? Students who have no regard whatsoever of what they had been in pursuit of day and night every single day right up until now?

............................................................................................

Do pardon the somewhat harsh opinions though, I don't wish to offend anyone actually. Let me put some smileys to brighten up the mood again:
:D :D :D :D :D
There. Well, moving back to the point, I just wish that one day we'd be given the chance to pursue knowledge for what it is, to study and think so that we may genuinely learn. To be educated in the purest manner, whereby there is a real appreciation of all the hard work and effort put in by the great scientists and thinkers of our forefathers' times. But enough talk, I've got some homework to battle. If only I could strap the maths textbook onto a rocket and launch it into oblivion.....bah. But before I go, here's an amusing pic of our fellow noodle shop owner :D

Hmm..might as well put this up also then xD Beware the evils of webcams!


3 comments:

Akira said...

haha,i hope u fast fast come out from school and become the head of education,man XDi think they just don't get it :p

Anonymous said...

haha, the very first line made me snigger :)

KEE KEN!!! that better not be the 3rd or 4th disc! I will hunt you down 'till the ends of the earth for it!

hope you guys enjoyed your Half-Life.

Kee Ken said...

Head of education? Haha, one day lah Lee :D No Simon, that's Disc one. I want the third and fourth disc!!!