Saturday, October 27, 2007

Stardust


There are good films, and there are bad films. Occasionally, you might get a really a good film, and similarly a really bad film.

College Group's special for this month was to go for a movie (the initial plan for a One Tree Hill marathon was wisely scrapped), and the task fell on the hands of Daphne and me. So we discussed, and called up a few people, and discussed, and booked tickets, and called up the people again, and even booked the tickets another time. It sorta (roughly lah) went like this on the phone:

Me: So, what should we watch? I mean, Judith's watched Bourne already, and so did Crissy.
Daph: Erm..that's why. But you and Justin haven't watched it ma.
Me: Nah, I'm okay with anything.
Daph: What about Shoot 'Em Up? They seem to be promoting it on GSC.
Me: You can call the shots.
Daph: Okay lah, then I'll book.

Next day...
Me: So Crissy, you wanna come for Shoot 'Em Up?
Crissy: Huh? No lah..I'm quite picky with my shows. If Stardust I come lah.
Me: Har? Oh, okay then. I'll see how.

Later
Me: Crissy will only come if we are watching Stardust.
Daph: Aiya..(checks the showtimes) okay lor. Stardust lah then.
Me: Okay then (I've already booked the tickets just in case). But what is it about?
Daph: (Starts reading the synopsis) ..... and like that lah.
Me: (Didn't quite understand) Oh I see. I'll tell Justin lah.

Justin: So we're watching Stardust?
Me: Yea, cause Crissy suggested it ma. Any idea what it's about ah?
Justin: Nope.
Me: Okay.....

When I mentioned to Crissy that we've changed to Stardust and asked if she would wanna come, she said she couldn't make it because of work. Many others were busy too, and me and Daph wanted to cancel it but since we've been planning it for two days already, we went along with the movie anyway. And it was eleven bucks! Like, Sunway's really ripping us cinema-goers off. But then again, the cinema was new and clean, so no complaints la.

So there we were at the cinema, wondering what on earth Stardust might be about. I had neither seen a trailer on tv, nor read about in on the newspaper. There weren't even any pictures of it in the cinema section of The Star. It was an absolute zero-expectation kind of thing, so for that very reason, I chose not to post any sort of pictures or videos whatsoever. I won't even say whether it was great or lousy, just go and watch it for yourselves. The less you know, the better, I feel.

No comments: