Sunday, October 14, 2007

Yay For Juwita!

When Jon brought to church the CDs that he bought for the TRU audio library today, the only artiste that I was familiar with and actually fond of was only Juwita Suwito. I loved her Visit Malaysia song, with its catchy tunes and slick vocals and all. Only In The Dark was my favourite among the songs in a special Tsunami compilation. Her songwriting always caught my fancy, and I was really eager to borrow the CD once they put it up in the library.

But just a few minutes ago, I was looking for the Tsunami compilation CD because I wanted to rip Only In The Dark again. I couldn't find it, so I went to google instead. Lo and behold, this guy called DBCHING had all the songs from 2 of her albums. Yes. But that means pirating. Noooo.

I downloaded anyway, having to swallow the guilt of pirating from an artiste that I like, and Christian some more...nuts. Then I poked around this Ching guy's MULTIPLY blog (the songs were there) and found out that hey hey, he works with Juwita! Not sure in what area, but I suppose it's in distribution and that kind of thing. And you know what's even better? The Ching guy said "Thank Juwita & everyone else at Four Forty Records as they're the one who made the songs possible to be shared". Brilliant stuff, that Juwito. Brilliant :D


If you wanna listen, then head on to http://dbching.multiply.com/music
You need to sign in though. Or register if you're not already a member.

No comments: