Sunday, September 17, 2006

So different

Lest anyone starts to get the impression that the author of this blog is going to abandon the blog soon, I thought that I should pen down (well not literally I guess), or should I say type down...oh forget it. Here's a snapshot of my not-so-ordinary Sunday then........

I woke up at five today. Yup, five. FIVE. Dang, really wished I could've slept a little more..I had to skip church today to attend this St.John's State Review thing, which turned out to be little more than a game of "let's see who can stand longer under the sun without fainting"
. So yeah, I stood a good number of hours today, and half my Sunday went to this totally unfruitful activity. At least now I know that next year around this time I'd most probably be 'busy', should I be so lucky to be invited to go again, so to speak :D

In the afternoon I didn't do much, just lazed around and studied a teensy weensy tiny bit. Then came the time to go to this play at Taylor's college called MOUSETRAP. Now having previously been to two drama/plays prior to this, I wouldn't say that I'm the kind of person who likes this sort of stuff very much. 'Julius Caesar' was a terrible experience because I couldn't understand the thick Roman accents while the more recent 'Broken Bridges' was pretty good but not exactly good enough yet to warrant genuine interest. So along came Justin saying "Hey Ken, wanna go or not to this play called MOUSETRAP? Come lah, it's very fun wan!" and being the 'i-can't-say-no...' person that I am, I ended up going also in the end.

To my surprise, it turned to be really entertaining and I was quite thoroughly occupied throughout the whole play, trying my best to figure out who's the real murderer and all. And when it finally ended , they called out all the people involved in the production. Everyone was clapping, cheerful and all. One of the them (she played a role called Molly in the drama) even got a nice bouquet of flowers from her cool, calm and stylish boyfriend. And then the whole scenario just sorta caught me, like here I am, among all these people. Such joy, such luxury that we have such an opportunity to enjoy ourselves like this..while at the very same time, people in different parts of the world go through really different circumstances. Just as we were watching the play, somewhere in Iraq there were also probably hundreds of innocent people getting killed by car-bombs, truck-bombs and what-nots. Just as we all enjoyed ourselves and had a great time there, many kids in rural and backward parts of India have no choice but to fight yet another night of howling coldness and paralyzing hunger. Just as we have the comfort of knowing that we have our nice and comfy beds to look forward to, those who live in the slums in America like the Detroit area know too well that peace and quiet is something that they could only wish for in their wildest dreams. It's just...different. Just so different.................................................................

2 comments:

Akira said...

haiz~me in taylor's aso dunno got such drama played...how u all know 1?!

kam*yu said...

yeah, ken, I feel the same way all the time. Just keep hope in our just God, and trust that someway, he will let us in on the action and we'll be able to help out as well.