Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Loots Ahoy!

This Christmas, I'm truly blessed to have received so many gifts. However, putting aside the sizes and prices of the presents, I just wish that I had prepared more Christmas presents for others who would otherwise not have received anything this year. To make a simple comparison, I gave 4 distinct Christmas presents, namely three cards written with some of my thoughts given to Justin, Hannah and Christina (Hannah got a bonus Sakura Beras Wangi Thailand,but it went to the flood victims instead. She claims they need it more than her. Of course,I'd like to differ on that but it's HER rice,so no point arguing about it now,haha) and a box of Counter-strike figurines with a pungent latex smell distributed to all the CS die-hards. What I received, on the other hand are belowI was amazed at amount of effort put even on the card alone :D

This was what I got from Simon and Shanice. You two rock!


This was from Desmond. Choki-choki and a mystery box...


This was from my bro! A nice blue wallet (girlie,yes. but heck)

The pics above were grainy because they were taken with this webcam from my friends Raymond and Suresh :D The camera's so-so, but I really appreciate their effort and sincerity. Thoughtful? You bet! Thanks a million guys!

This was...the box that housed a nice little tart from Crissy. Frankly, I found the box very artfully designed so I decided to keep it a little while longer :D

A big box of chocolate exquisitely packed in retro themes...now I know how Cadbury bars looked like 30 years ago..sweet.

Yes, I know it's not exactly decent..but it's a nice drawing by Justin. (He got someone to draw it, in case you're wondering :D) Very meaningful gift, cause it highlights just how lousy my drawings are XD Haha, just kidding. But really, I just wish I had a quarter of this pic's artist's skills, that'd be already more than enough :)


Like it says on the picture, it's a game. A PSP game. A UMD. Which I received for Christmas. *Gasp*...definitely the most expensive gift among all the other gifts, this was given to me by Lim See Huang. Great graphics, the cut-scenes put a PS2 to shame easily... But hard to play,and I don't own a PSP in the first place. Depending on my brother's generosity, this game may very well just collect dust on my table :(
:
As it stands, this is definitely the most unique and priceless gift that I've received thus far.. Pink AND printed with my name. Well, figuratively at least :D It works only in English though, in BM 'kunci tin' doesn't exactly bring about any meaning...but thank you so the very much, me cousin Justin and John and Gabe and whoever worked on this shirt! My first pink shirt turned out to be the best t-shirt that I have so far!

Christmas gifts aside, it was truly a unique experience to be able to see everyone's contribution for our church's 'gift back to God' event, what with so many songwriters and singers proving their mettle at making songs of praise. And I do mean it wholeheartedly, it was ohsem (just so you'd know, I came up with this word,not Christina :D). Speaking of Christina, I thought she really good, good in a sense not because she sang well, or because her songs were very nicely written, (although they were), but rather it was her closeness to God, and that child-like longing to be in God's presence that really gave my mind, heart and soul a stunning revelation of how we are at our very best when we approach God's presence. I now understand what it means to endeavor as Christian brothers and sisters to bring out the godliness and holiness in one another..

No comments: