Monday, July 24, 2006

Cousinship at it's best...

This post is dedicated to my cousin, the one and only Justin Lee!!

I had known Justin for as long as I could remember, dating back to when we were just wee little tykes. Yeah, those were the days that I treasured, being young and carefree,or 'freely winged' as Crissy would put it. Justin used to come down to Kuantan (when I lived I Kuantan that time) together with his family to visit us and all the other relatives about once or twice a year. Of the 365 days in a year, the week or so that he would be in Kuantan had always been more memorable and enjoyable than all the rest of the days in the year put together. True enough, I remember little of my childhood days save for the times that I spent with him.

Back then before I knew about videogames, my favourite past time was watching Hindi movies. Yup, the three-hour, action-packed and ala High School Musical kind of Hindi movies. Then came along one of my uncles who brought home a console (can't q
uite remember what it was) and from then on Justin became my gaming partner-in-crime. Oh the many games that filled my childhood memories...

We also bought quite a number of gaming machines together, I bought the Sega Mega Drive, he had an Atari (I think) and later I got a GameBoy Pocket, then we both got ourselves a Playstation and a GameBoy Color. Following that Justin bought a PS2 three years later while my friend gave me a GameBoy AdvanceSP for my birthday. So yea, gaming goes way back in our cousinship because if it wasn't for games, I know I wouldn't have learned to speak English. He only knew how to speak in English so it became a necessity for me to brush up my English every year to better communicate with him. It used to be that we spoke more Malay I think, then Malay-English then English-English as of present. I have him to thank partly for my As in English language.

I must say that Justin had always been a very positive influence on me. As I often dwelled on all the negative aspects of situations and circumstances, to me Justin led a really good life both spiritually and socially. He always seemed to be so happy, with so many seem
ingly close friends . I envied the fact that his life was constantly sunny and enojoyable while I had to wade through thunderstorms and heavy rains more often than I would have liked. So everytime he came back to Kuantan I made it a point to learn something from him and I would experience positive 'high's, so to speak after he had gone back to Kuantan. And now I think I know why: it must have been his Christian upbringing and having been involved with the church's youths that he had developed such a good personality and mentality. Ah....

I think it would take me quite a while to really describe Just
in as he is, but I'm sure that most, if not all of you who know him doesn't need to hear it from me to know that Justin's a great guy. If not, how would he have managed to woo (is that the right word i wonder :D) Miss Lee Xin Xin. It's pretty amazing that both Justin's parents' surnames are Lee and now his 'companion' is also from the Lee family line. Too bad mine's an obscure one,haha. 1 Timothy 5: 24-25 "The sins of some men are obvious, reaching the place of judgement ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them. In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not cannot be hidden."

I think I would end here lah and instead just let you guys comment
on the post. Had Justin done something good to you? Or was he naughty in the past (hmm..that'll be interesting) ? But here's a toast (a real one, not the marmalade toast from earlier) to the decade plus of great cousinship that you've given me dude. And I hope you like this:

4 comments:

Kee Ken said...

Oh..I didn't know that. I always thought that you came from an english-speaking family,haha.

Thanks for the warm comment, guess I didn't labour for over two hours in vain :D I'm really happy that you liked my posts. I blog because I thought it would be fun to just write down my views and opinions but your compliments make it so much more enjoyable. Thanks again ya!

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Ah, amat menyentuhkan.. *sniff sniff..* =)

Haha, wow.. I can't explain what a shock I got from seeing this post. Was thinking why you put that picture of me there. lol..

Guess you finally documented our entire gaming legacy. =D wait for my post and I'll add more. They were good times man.. Good times...

Ahahaha... I forgot that last time we used to speak to each other in malay. So funny now that I think about it. You now owe me lunch for the A1 you got in SPM and for all future english exams you take for the rest of your life. =p

One of the newer memorable memories I have of you was the time you accepted Christ at the drama event in SJCG. I still remember Hwok Aun was the counselor. =D Haha. I can't explain the joy I felt seeing you and your family recieve Christ. =) I used to worry as a kid because of this. I'm glad that things are now the way it is..

I could write on forever but then I won't have anything left for my blog would I? ;) I'm going to scan pictures of our "long lost brothers". Lol.. You don't mind do you? =D

A toast!.. *raises mug of 100Plus* To a decade plus of Cousinship! It's been a blast so far. =D May we continue fragging each other till the ripe age of 75!!

Sorry about the comment deleted thing. Found a few typos.

Haha, thankfully no one has reported bout me yet in your blog. =p

Kee Ken said...

Well yeah, my english was horrid back then. Want to learn english the quick way? Just go mix around with a cousin you like who speaks english :D

I can't remember what event it was actually...the real breakthrough for me was at a planetshaker rally I think. It was at BSGC if I'm not mistaken...

Hey Justin, wanted to put some more pictures wan actually, but very messy ler, so I'll wait for you to do it lah,haha. Oh yeah, our 'long lost brothers'. Hope they're doing alright now XD A toast too to all the things that you've done for me, you being the kind soul that you are, I would surely not forget your good deeds! Till 75 it is!!!