Thursday, August 17, 2006

PC Blues...

Yesterday, I was still happily surfing the web with my trusty ol' computer when I happened to chance upon this cool program to change the looks of Windows. So okay, I got it. I installed it. Mana tau it clashed with what I previously installed (a similar program) and through a series of wrong moves I finally managed to bring my PC to its knees.....It literally suffered a heart attack and wouldn't go beyond the first 5 minutes after starting up before hanging. Of course, being the sensible and experienced computer user that I am, I just slapped my forehead and uttered the popular catchphrase of all the computer users who are just too curious for their own good:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

For that I was forced to spend the rest of my entire evening just to get my PC back to life. Take note that it's now just barely working and needs further maintenance. This is exactly what I hate most about computers: why are they SO easy to mess up with?!!? But then again, computers are made by humans, and being the fallen people that we are, it's just normal that our 'creations' don't work properly all the time I guess. The other thing is that I'm the only one in my house with enough experience to keep the PC running clean (my sis is a casual user while my bro doesn't have that much time to maintain the PC) so I've got 'heavy responsibilities',so to speak. And my sis asks me why I bother...doh.

On a lighter note, I borrowed two cameras for my brother's graduation day and snapped some really funny pics.

No prize for guessing what happens next :D


My sis, me and my mum. Note how it says 'UM' on top of my head. Looks almost like I'm wearing a cap...



My cousin Chi Mei and her sis. Photogenic eh?


To the battle station!!!


The battle station it is!!!


On a slightly different topic, I've always wished that I had a scanner actually. Then I'd be able to edit all my drawings on the computer...Puey Guan currently has my dream workstation : a WACOM tablet (to draw directly on the PC), a scanner and ORIGINAL photoshop software. Drool drool.... but armed with a 4 megapix Canon camera, this is what I managed to cook up using an ALMOST ORIGINAL (original in every way except that I didn't pay for it) copy of an Adobe software called ImageReady. Feel free to comment XDNote: I drew this on my chemistry notes,heheh

5 comments:

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Ahahahaha!!

To battle stations!! XD

Anonymous said...

haha, "to the battle stations"

so did you get to enter the ceremony after all? if you didn't, looks like you kept yourself entertained anyway :P

ooh, nice picture. on your chemistry book somemore...

Kee Ken said...

Nah, I didn't get to enter the ceremony. It was kinda boring but what to do, I only have one brother so one Sunday's not too big a sacrifice :D
Haha, can't remember myself where I got the battle station thing...

Akira said...

wa se~show off ur drawin' la now?!haha,change pc lar:Dnow very cheap onli ma:Dahaha,don waste ur time on that pc liao...sigh..hehe

Kee Ken said...

My PC still working fine..only my Windows giving me trouble only. You change for me ler, I want the new Core 2 Duo :D Where got show off? So happened I got camera for a day. If I had a
scanner i would've easily posted a dozen more...