Friday, August 04, 2006

The Birthday Cake Of The Century

Having just celebrated James' mom's birthday last week, this week I had the opportunity to celebrate yet another person's birthday. You know who you are, birthday girl. I'm not referring to Hannah cause I couldn't go for the whole surprise party thing(won't they sort of expect a surprise party if it's done too often?), Happy Birthday to Miss YJ!! (I didn't wish you cause it wasn't your birthday that day)

I must say that a tremendous amount of planning had gone into making this birthday celebration a success. The plan had to be chanced numerous times and countless hours were spent discussing the whole matter of where to celebrate and how to celebrate it. Zhen Ee was the one who wanted to celebrate it in the first place though I dunno why...nudge nudge wink wink :D He so semangat wanted to do it at Secret Recipe somemore. In the end we DID do it at Secret Recipe but the cake wasn't what we expected lah.....sorry YJ :oP

The dinner at Pizza Hut was at 6 plus, so I hung around for a while there after I arrived in front of Taylor's College shortly after 3 o'clock. And what a good thing it is that I'm not studying there, I don't think that I could get used to it ler...so much freedom. Too much freedom, in fact. Zhen Ee had mentioned to me of the one time when he was in Physics class and paying attention when suddenly, a couple sitting in front of him decided to lock lips. Right there. While the teacher's teaching. Like...woah. I would've had them hung and shot and hung again for such public disrespect if I were there :D

But this being about the birthday, I'd talk about that in the post. Back to the topic, I was wondering whether I'd be able to meet some of my old friends there and moments later,there they were: Brian+Catherine (I put the '+' sign cause couple), Kay Boon, Pik Ying and er..yeah. Them. And then I was wondering whether I'd meet Jasmine who's in Business School and funnily enough I saw her too while on the way to cafe. Why didn't I think whether I'd find a million dollars by the road side...darn.

Although much thought went into planning the whole thing, it turned out to be a somewhat dull affair. Maybe it's because it wasn't a surprise. I guess that's how it works ler. Surprise surprise... Some more YJ got Bio test the following day lah, so I guess couldn't really enjoy lah. Anyway, I heard she was surprised today by some of her other classmates, so it kinda put a damper on the previous day's celebration. Haih...but the important thing is that you enjoyed yourself k, Miss YJ?

But anyway, the highlight of the celebration was not the cake itself (Secret Recipe Classic Cheese) but rather the way the candles were put!! I mean, I doubt anyone's seen this kind of candle arrangement. Have a look yourself, here's the original cake :

And here's the 'battleship-style' candle-lit cake....


TADAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've got to give her credit man, cause she insisted that it be arranged this way. Memang creative betul...


Once again, hope you had a great time for this year's birthday, Miss Tan Yik Jing!!!!!!

4 comments:

Akira said...

hey,not me who plan ok??i thought it was u,hehe u r the husband ma......anw yea,not quite enjoyin' it though:p my chem n math presentation ar......yea...still hope Misses KEE KEN(YJ)enjoyed it though,haha:D

Kee Ken said...

IIYER!!! What misses KEE KEN pulak? My surname not KEE KEN lah!! Cacat betul... should be Misses Lee mah. YOU lah planned the whole thing, now I pokai already...ish ish :D

Akira said...

haha,then is Misses Fong lar....wait...i've thought of that b4,coz it's not specific enuf,that's why i put Misses Kee Ken...hehe,or not Misses Fong Kee Ken lar,ahahaha:Deat that:D

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Ah! the poor Secret Recipe table. lol