Sunday, June 15, 2008

Investment

When you invest in something, you would naturally hope to gain or reap benefit of some sort one way or another either in the near future or in the distant years. But when they call marriage an 'investment', it just somehow doesn't seem quite right to me. Does the husband expect to earn something at the end of the day? Does the wife seek to gain a decent profit sometime in the future? Or are they mutually investing in each other, so that they may enjoy the fruits of one another's labor?

Far be it that I should know anything about marriage other than that's how I came to be, but I guess the many nuggets of wisdom imparted at today's wedding must've somehow found their way into my central thought processing centre. But it was awesome. A bit longer than you'd expect, perhaps, but awesome.

I hope I have the permission to put this picture up, haha.
Congratulations Rach and Guan!!

And here's to all the behind-the-scenes hard work put in by people from all the different areas of their lives, be them relatives, friends, church members or what-nots. It's always the unseen ones who are responsible for a good part of big-event weddings like this one, kudos to everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi kee ken! :) YOU are one of those behind the scenes ppl!!! thanks so so much for your labour of love...! We appreciate it HEAPS!! :) by the way i stumbled in here through Jon's blog! will visit more regularly! :)

Kee Ken said...

Oh hello Rachel!!!

No la, about the only thing I did was to put the video up to YouTube xD
You're absolutely welcome, after all it's not everyday I get invited to wedding dinners (unlike some of us who are sick of them, heh)

Haha, hope you won't get bored by the snail-like pace at which I update.