Friday, June 20, 2008

Up and up and up and *click*...........WHOOOSH!!!

This post is best read by those who have not sat on the Solero Space Shot in Genting

Now this is probably too cliched to even post about, because the odds are 98% of you people out there would have had sat on the Solero Space Shot in Genting before at least once in the last 3 years. A quick Google image search revealed all too quickly that Genting trips and the Solero ride have been pretty much blogged about to death. The title would be something like "Genting Retreat" and then what follows is a whole plethora of pictures with small little captions here and there. Sigh~

So it's pretty disappointing to realise that I actually had to wait until now to get the chance to board a theme park ride that I remember seeing some 5 years back in the advertisements, but then again who am I to complain? I'd sooner get slapped with some disaster-front-page rolled-up newspaper, I know, so I guess I'm really grateful to have made the trip up to the cool highlands two days ago.

Oh yea, what really happened is that together with three other friends (all guys) we went and got ourselves the one-day-trip tickets (which sells at RM 42 for bus+skyway+full park+skyway+bus vs RM 51 for full park alone if bought separately).

Two of the guys were my old schoolmates, and it was certainly great to be able to get together again because once everyone hits college you know it's next to impossible to even meet up for small yam cha sessions anymore...it just so happened that we're all free, and quite likely it would be the last time we could do anything else like this.

But back to the trip. For the most part I think I really enjoyed the rides that we went on. Especially in go-kart, because Suresh (one of my old schoolmates) got a really slow kart, and I pulled off one of those F1 cornering-cut uber-cool moments on him, super fun!! (^.^) It's not so much the ride though I guess, it's just having good company to enjoy. It's like watching a movie in a cinema, I'd rather watch a lame show with a bunch of friends than to go watch something better all by myself. But having said that, I went on the Solero Space Shot by myself because I was so dissatisfied by the fact that 3 months ago I had to give it a miss due to the massive queue and although the wait was excrutiatingly long (half-an-hour for a ride that's 10 seconds??) I'm so glad I went ahead (one was afraid of heights and the other had stomach problem, one more joined me later) because I believe to experience the same kind of rush you'd need something like skydiving (which isn't covered in any sort of theme park deal that I know of) or a suicide jump off a 10-storey building (which is free but...). It's SO awesome!!

If I were made the Prime Minister, I would've made it mandatory for everyone to go ride it at least once, buahahahaha xD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me - skydiving or bungee jumping is nothing like the Solero Shot.

TOTALLY different, and it works both ways - there are some sensations on the Solero that you don't get with either skydiving or bungee.

:)

Kee Ken said...

Ah, I'd trust you any day on that, Rudi ;D

Skydiving.....anyone out there wanna risk life and limb with me? Feel free to call me, hahaha.

Ei Leen Lim said...

if u were prime minister i'd strip u of ur title pretty quick! i tried the solero shot ONCE years ago. scared the heck outta me. after dat i heard stories about a girl who's head got ripped off on dat ride and i am so never going on it again T.T

Kee Ken said...

But how can, it's fun leh!! I think it's the least scary one lor among the other rides. If you ask me lah :D

For some reasons that 'head-got-ripped-off' tale seems to be tied every other ride in genting though, so come one Ei Leen, let's go on it together one day, hahahaha.