Thursday, September 04, 2008

Feeling Lucky

A quick Google search revealed that quite a number of people actually get their fingers squashed by car doors every now and then. Which was what happened to me today xD

Coming back home with Simon, I had the great opportunity to have my fingers totally slammed in between the front door and the side frame of the trusty grey Citroen MPV. And the door latched just fine, click and all mind you. I was sitting behind the MPV, and had put my hand at the side frame where the sliding door meets the front door to get myself inside. But I left my hand there too long and when the front door closed, wham!

I felt a sharp impact, then looked and saw my fingers buried in between two pieces of metal. It actually felt quite comfortable though...for like a second. Then it hurt. The person in front was surprised to be sure :D But when I took my hand out, I noticed first of all that my fingers were still intact. Great, I thought. Then I checked...no blue-black bruises even. Just red swathes where it hit. Still, no swelling, nothing! Whoa, I'm really lucky, I thought. Such heavenly blessings to get my fingers back in one piece.

And throughout the night I was looking at my fingers like every 5 to 10 minutes, and everytime I saw them still nice and wriggly, I smiled, amused at my own fortune. I mean, if it was my red colour Proton Saga instead my fingers would've flown off a mile away, for sure. Or at the very least get my bones crushed like...crushed ice xD *looks at finger* But it's still here!! Hahaha.

Lucky.

And just the other day, I narrowly missed a car that zoomed in from a junction where some other cars obscured my view. I know how often it happens, but it was really close. A little bit more on the pedal and it would've been ugly. Nevertheless, I got back home safely. Lucky.

Or more than that, God's been really good to me for the last few days. It's not just plain Chinese ong-ong 'luck' of course, but I know it was God's protection. And grace.


*looks at fingers* Still here!!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Your poor angel. ;)

Kee Ken said...

Oh yea man...must've broken a good hundred or so feathers, hahaha.