Monday, October 16, 2006

Happy Birthday ol' Cuz

At the request of Justin, I shall attempt to make my blog updates speedier :D

Lately, I've been having blogger's block, if there actually exists such a term in the first place. Not knowing what to write, I guess my blogger persona's having an identity crisis
... I'm at a loss as of what to write for my blog, and also how to write what I want to write. The 3 blogs that I regularly check are Justin's noodle-shop and Jon and Simon's Xanga blogs and each one has a very distinctive style and also subject matter. While Simon and Jon focused more on Godly and spiritual issues, Justin's one is more humorous and is a pitstop so to speak for many people. Sorta like mamak I guess, always the happening spot to hang around evident from the constant postings on the chat board :D

And here I am, thinking hard how to write my blog. What to blog about in the first place? What kind of style to use? Informal? Formal? Manglish? Or english-English? I had wanted Justin's warm casualness, Jon's professional touch and also Simon's depth...not to mention Crissy's natural mastery at painting imageries with seemingly ordinary sentences. Kinda weird that I should feel like this because the real me has not really suffered from any identity crises before. Yet my blogger persona right now is truly confused. Even if I didn't want to, I'd subconsciously try to style my writing after Jon, Simon or Justin. Maybe I shouldn't read other people's blogs too often (^_^)

I suppose that a blog, at the very core is just a channel for expressing views, opinions and thoughts. Perhaps that's what I didn't take into consideration, jumping into the blogging bandwagon without any real idea of what to accomplish or achieve in the first place. I shall remember that the next time I post. Not to give the impression that it's a bad thing to be influenced by other people's blogs, I just want a little bit more originality and transparency, transparent in the sense that I can actually write what I want to write, in the way that I want to write it and not because certain things that certain people wrote in certain ways. Now that's for certain :D

On a brighter note, just wanna say Happy Birthday to my one and only (I have many cousins,but there's only one Justin so the term applies) cuz Justin Lee!! Sorry I couldn't get the best models available, I thought I could at least get one nice one but ended up with a kinky bunny instead....can't wait to see how you gonna display THAT without being thought of as serong-minded, haha. Oh well, have a great year ahead!


3 comments:

Hannah said...

OH MY GOSH KEN!!! You can write your butt off!!! You're always busy looking at others that you don't realise your very own talent!! Your blog is as individualistic as it can get. So stop putting yourself down before I smack you right on the forehead!

You really should stop reading other peoples blogs.

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

Lol.. Amen sister!! =D

Your blog is as "you" as it gets. =) And yes Ken, you can write so much better than most people, myself included.

I do feel the same sometimes too. Wish I could write with a little more depth and sound good doing it. But alas.. i am unable to do so with my mediocre english. =p

I got alot of my english lessons from you if you haven't realized. How else could I have learnt words such as "mediocre" and "euphoria"? =D

Anonymous said...

ah, it's so euphoric just to be mediocre...