Friday, October 27, 2006

Transparency Is Idealistic..well, pretty much.

First of all, there's no need for alarm over the all-too-familiar title of this post (at least for those who regularly check out Jon's blog). Like what Jon mentioned, more often than not there had been times when I realize that certain topics are best left untouched on this blog. Or anywhere else online for that matter. It's really not quite possible to be totally transparent, totally honest when you have the Internet as your writing medium. Beats me how some people post everything under the sun on their blogs, especially when it concerns private matters like their love life *gasp* or dark secrets that you wouldn't even dare imagine.

For me, these people really take things too far...but then again, it's their freedom I suppose. How ironic that the paperback diary now have a totally opposite twin in the form of electronic journals. Back then reading someone's diary was considered unethical and looked down upon as a dishonest behavior but in this day and age, millions of people are seemingly just begging to have their online diaries read. Not that it's a bad thing of course (I mean, I'm one of them too). But the issue remains that I'll never be able to bring myself to be a hundred percent open and honest. The the inability to be transparent is...to be frank I really don't know if it's a good or bad thing. Perhaps it reflects sensitivity on my part. Then again maybe there are just too many things that I stash away in the corners of my heart and memory, hoping they'd never see the daylights again. Either way,only God knows me through and through, inside out outside in up down left right from the rising of the sun till it's going down...and to have my whole life played out again when I meet God, I really wonder if I'll stand the the test of fire...

But before you try to sign in to your blogger to view my 'invisible' posts like how Jon masks his, I'm sorry to say that I don't have any at the moment :D (does it work this way for blogger in the first place?) Oh well,I'll ponder about this some other time. On another topic, I'm currently playing CS Source with Justin over the net using a LAN emulator called Hamachi. Anybody fancy joining us can just drop me or Justin a line :D Maybe I'll go study now...(rightt)

No comments: