Monday, October 09, 2006

Post a post

What shall I say...not exactly in the mood to type something but thought that I should post something ordinary, rather than finding every opportunity to write about life-changing encounters with God (not that I don't like too, but I just thought that I should write about OTHER stuffs too, lest you guys think that I'm too holy) So lately it's been normal. Yup. Just, ordinary. Of course, I know that I should appreciate the good life that I'm living, but sometimes I just wish for some sort of action. Especially after what John mentioned, I wished that I could experience more Godly encounters (oh no, here I go again...)

Most of you would know that I mentioned NS to be a fun experience. Well, thats because it really was, but not just in the conventional way. Sure, I loved hanging around with friends 24/7, flying the Flying Fox, failing the obstacle course (okaylah, failing's not exactly fun but..) and most importantly soaking in the sense of FREEDOM. Don't get me wrong here, there are hundreds of rules and regulations to follow but I meant freedom in the sense that I'm away from the protective eyes of my parents. No one to fend for me but myself.....and God. The camp was where I experienced God the most, because being all alone and vulnerable, I only had the LORD to turn to. And turn to Him I did...

I still remember how I boldly asked the LORD to guard my locker from all the itchy-handed people there. I hooked my key to my pencil case's zipper and everyday, after locking my locker I'll just leave my pencil case under my bed. Talk about crazy, and come to think back of it I'm quite perplexed as of what had made me do so. True enough, God must've put angels around my locker because I've never lost a single cent...it was about trusting God I guess though I struggled between trusting and testing the LORD. Unfortunately for my bedside friend, he lost two mp3 players after about a month. That made me insecure, so I later took off my keys and attached it to my wrist instead. Until now I still wonder whether I had made the right choice...

It was also during the camp that I've managed to attend Sunday worship in English, Mandarin and Tamil all in the SAME day!! Talk about frustrated, my friend Billy (Hi there if you're reading this :D) was awfully upset that Sunday worship literally took the entire Sunday. Time's precious lah in NS as we were rarely allotted enough free time to do personal things like wash our clothes and stuff like that. Well, at least now I know how the phrase "Jesus is the King of Kings" sounds in Tamil slang xD

I'll also never forget the one incident that involved a girl called Adeline (I hope she's close to the LORD now). You should know better what happened, Justin :D To put it simply, that was the one time when I genuinely felt God move in me. It was unmistakable, the strong powerful rush of the heart. Heck, I thought I was having a heart attack, but feeling that God was pushing me in a certain direction, I threw caution to the wind. What ensued after that was truly a memorable experience. (Sorry I can't really publish what exactly had happened, not until I get Adeline's permission) I don't know how other people have encountered God before but mine was certainly anything but expected. It must have been amazing for the prophets of old who had direct access to God Himself....

And what better way to enjoy Malay food than to eat at the camp's canteen for two months straight? Sambal and curry are served often and I won't say that I really miss the food there but it's not too bad. Sometimes it's even delicious, like the Ayam Masak Merah plus a special order of Burger Ayam Tambah Telur (drool.....) But on really bad days they serve us Ikan Goreng Batu Style. You heard me right, I said Batu. Real, hard rock. It's an absolute mystery how they managed to fry the ikan tenggiri to such an extreme level of hardness...not even our Penolong Ketua Jurulatih (a tough army veteran) could chew on that thing.

Actually I wasn't planning on posting about my NS experience but I just drifted into the idea somehow. Guess I'd just end the post here, although I know it feels like a half-written novel that didn't get past the first chapter. Another day, another time. Now if only there's a way to recycle the 10+ hours that I've wasted today since coming home from school........


No comments: