Friday, October 20, 2006

So really?

Following my previous post that my blog was not unique enough, it seems that many other people think otherwise. Well, three people at least (you know who you are, except for the spammer that wanted to show me how to earn 900$ in a month...darn those marketing people). I really appreciate such positive feedback, and I never knew I was helping Justin to improve his vocab along the way (so maybe I should include a 'super unique' word for every post,haha) So before I get smacked on my forehead for not realizing my ability to write my butt off, just to quote from a fellow reader :D, I'll get back to my business of blogging. Thanks for reading guys!

Back in my high school days, my friends knew me as the nefarious 'CC guy'. CC didn't stand for
chicken curry if you didn't already know, though I love chicken curry. Especially when there's ikan bilis and lots of kuah kari and.....(rumble rumble) But anyway, CC meant cybercafe and when it comes to inviting people to cybercafes, I was always the one who would nag everyone to go. "Come lah, for a while only mah. Haiya, tell your mom got St. John lah. Long time never play with you di leh.." And we'd never fail to go in groups of less than four people. We went pretty often, at least once a week. I left after I finished Form 3 to shift to KL and everytime I met back my old friends they would lament how they no longer go to cybercafes. "There's no one to ajak. Not like when you were around you would call everyone. Now we don't go to cybercafes at all..." Of course, that was like 3 years ago but surprisingly, my love for doing this whole 'invite-invite' thing is evidently still burning strong, as I discovered yesterday.

Ei Leen had invited my sis to go for ice-skating cause she was bringing two of her friends whom she is also inviting to camp. I had always been looking for a chance to go skating, and it was a great oppurtunity to tag along as well. However, I was the only guy going (Ei Leen + 2 girls + my sis + Justina = all girls), so I thought of asking a few more people to come together. At first I called Simon, then I called Christina. Later I thought of Arjund, so I had Simon call Arjund. Christina mentioned Liesl, Hannah, John and Jane. So I asked Christina to call Liesl, John and Jane while I called Hannah. After what must have been like more than an hour of calling back and forth to confirm this and that, the final list of people whom I had managed to gather was more than 10! Christina thought it was somewhat like the Fishster thing Jon had shown us, and I had wanted to illustrate it for you but alas, it would take me a while so I would work on it later and post it should I ever get it done :D

It was a nice day overall. I had learned to waddle on the ice rink but that was about it. I can't remember how many times I had to grab on to Justin and Simon to avoid falling down. Why, I even grabbed on to strangers a few times in my moments of desperation when Justin and Simon weren't around. But don't you worry, they were all guys in case you suddenly get the idea that I got 'lucky' at the skating rink, so to speak (nudge nudge, wink wink) Thanks to my incredible amount of luck and my ability to randomly hold on to other people for support, I only fell once! Yay! Not bad considering it was my first time ice skating eh? My sis wasn't so lucky though, she fell on the tip of her backbone, and she was groaning in pain back at home. Hope she didn't get any permanent injuries....

Unfortunately, things didn't go so well on the way home from pyramid. My dad had to go out of his way to fetch me, Arjund and Simon. He had other things to do and was really really upset when by the time I finally reached home. He's not the kind to scold you, he just keeps it to himself and puts on the "I'm not happy with what you had done" kind of face. Oh well...lesson learned: better plan things in advance the next time. It felt really bad to had to trouble dad like I did today, because I know that he already has to work very hard to deliver summonses (his job) and here I go asking him to fetch me here and there...-sigh- Looks like I have a lot to repay dad for once he finally retires and I get a stable job......

But I suppose I should end the post on a happy note. Everyone had fun (those who can skate at least) and I finally got the chance to skate. At least now I can tell people that I've skated before :D I'd be back in Kuantan till Tuesday, so I probably can't get the fishter diagram done any time soon. In the mean time, happy holidays people!


1 comment:

Akira said...

well,long time no c ler,haha,i dun think u've ntg to post lo,with this great blog in front of me:Dwell,even if ntg to write is fine wud,ahaha,it's not a job with some dateline anwXD
haiz~so gud u've holiday ler...i still got exam..ahaha,enjoy ur holiday then...i think u've aled enjoyed it:Dice-skatingXD