Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just when you think that it wouldn't happen to you..

So that's how it goes..just when you think that the chances of it happening is next to nil, it jumps out at you and wham! You're left stunned, shocked, bruised, above all frustrated and disappointed at how things turned out to be such. I find it inconceivable that death strikes so suddenly, and again I know now how it can strike terror in some people, especially those who fears for their afterlife.

Then again, before you come and console me for whoever that I've just lost, let me just make it clear that none of relatives or friends kicked the bucket(Choi!!), just that my fellow companion that saw me through many rounds of Warcraft, Counter-Strike, Civilisations and a whole lot of other games, that stayed with me till the latest of nights, faithfully serving it's duty without any signs of stopping whatsoever, that I LEAST worried about : My Mouse

Yes, and what a time too it decided to fail on me, just when I was rushing into the enemies' base in a heated match of Dota my cursor suddenly went haywire, jumped around, scrolled up and zoomed in before dropping dead..silent..stiff. Motionless, it lay by the corner of the screen while my character was butchered by the AI opponents at their base. The glimpse of hope that came with restarting my PC faded as quickly as and before I knew it, I gave up all hope and thought about getting a new one as quickly as I possibly could instead.. (anyone with a spare mouse out there? really tight on the wallet this week :D)

Note that I'm typing this without my mouse which explains the different font used, so yeah, I had to use lots of keyboard shortcuts but unfortunately just using these shortcuts to replace the functions of the mouse is like trying to dig out of a prison with a tiny spoon : it gets the job done but sure is also ridiculously difficult at the same time..

Talking about deaths, real deaths this time, my friend Chia Wen's aunt just passed away..and just before her birthday which is today too..hope that her aunt's a Christian, that's all that I can say. I wonder though, should someone close and dear to me ever cross over to the spiritual plane, just what would I do? Just what can I do? I wonder..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wat friend?? Chia Wen is nt ur frenlar... she's your wife....hahaha... cannot deny her like tat...