Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dial-a-number

The post about uni would have to wait, don't think I have enough time to blog about it today...

But on another note, out of the blue while surfing the net I suddenly decided to play around with my iTalk credit on the computer, and just randomly called up some of the people on my phonebook that I've not seen or heard from for a while. Here's a summary of the calls that I made:

1st call - cannot reach
2nd call - in a meeting
3rd call - chatted for 10 minutes
4th call - cannot reach
5th call - chatted for 7 minutes
6th call - chatted for 20 minutes

And there goes my homework for tonight....

It's sad how some friends just seem to 'fall out of fashion' with me over time. Not meaning to say that they're no longer fashionable, I guess it's kinda inevitable that some friends just come and go as we move on with our lives. Everytime I hit a crossroad in my life, I lost contact with some of my old friends but at the same time I also made new ones. Nothing new here I suppose.

For the most part I've always preferred chatting on the phone compared to texting, e-mailing or using MSN. Can't quite say why, but perhaps I'm a more aurally-attuned person, I talk a whole lot more on the phone than you would ever catch me doing in person. It's nice when the other person sounds genuinely and pleasantly surprised to get a call from you :D

That said, there are also a lot of friends that I don't feel like calling up, friends that I seem to have lost the connection with. So many. Too many, in fact. Something must've gone wrong, but I've no idea what or where. Or maybe it's just me being selfish and actually taking to 'choosing' who I want to be friends with and who I don't....



Now I can join the ranks of those who moan about school/college/work.
Tomorrow got uni!! >.<

8 comments:

SueAnn said...

aiseh. dial my number ma. xP

welcome to the work like a mad cow community. All those sick of work and assignment say aye! Lolx!

by the way, you all oughtta start checking your EMAIL!

シーフアンリン said...

Wished you could call me... XD

Kee Ken said...

Ann Sue: Haha, I should be seeing you soon enough ma anyway if the white-water rafting thing comes through. Got my first assignment already :( Okay okay, will do. Soon :P

See Huang: Well you just only left, so you don't fall into the 'people I haven't seen or heard from for a while' category, hahaha.

Jon said...

Sue Ann: aye!

Ken: Dora once told me something wise (which I'm sure I've repeated many, many times):

"Some friends are for a season. Others, for a reason. And some, for a lifetime"

It'd be great if lifetime somehow rhymed but yeah, friends come and go. But I think you'd eventually settle with a couple of BFFs :)

I much prefer talkin to you in person than on the phone though :P

Kee Ken said...

Yeap, you've said it pretty often :)

My sis will tell you the kind of kaki-telefon that I am, the countless hours that I can spend talking nonsense over the landline (free to call).

There are exceptions of course, for the few friends that I much prefer meeting in person whenever possible :D

SueAnn said...

jon: you spelt my name right! Yay! *GLEAMS* Wahhh, you deserve chocolate lah. *nah hands virtual one*


*evil stare at bear* hrmph!


xP

Justin Currynoodles Lee said...

AYE!

Where's my call?! Hahaha, just remembered you DID skype call me. =P The line clarity for international calls over the skype phone is nonsense.

Come on MSN more often la! Ever since I got here I've to depend on MSN to keep in touch.

Enjoy your 3 days of TF2! =D

Kee Ken said...

Ann Sue: Eh, what's the evil stare for? I also managed to spell your name correctly ma :P

Justin: For something transmitted so many thousand miles, I don't ask for too much ler I guess xD But yea, better quality calls would be welcome.

Malas to go into MSN lah, hahaha.