Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Scrape

I wonder who was luckier, the one sitting in the shining BMW 5-series who was behind me just 15 minutes ago at the sloping car park exit or plain ol' me in my red Proton.

I happened to have had just scraped through the 'bukit' at Summit's secondary exit without having to empty my bank account to an executive who drives a fancy German import. And it was a really close call. I think. No idea how close I was, but from the blaring honk I figured the person in the Benz must've been sweating his pants off.

It's inexperience of my part of course, since in the one second it takes to shift my big foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator my car tumbled back a good mile.

*Handbrakehandbrakehandbrake*

Uni's gonna start in less than a week, and honestly speaking I'm still not confident enough to drive all the way to Sunway yet. Never mind that I won't be able to find my way there in the first place...but all that aside, I really thank God that we (my sis and see huang were in the car) scraped through today. And with that, I've got another close-call to add to my driving credentials :)


4 comments:

Jon said...

Ya know Ken. I always believe that God has a hand in 'near-scrapes'. I've had too many of them to be just plain lucky.

My visual interpretation would be that an angel actually flies above me, and in any possible danger, it would envelope my car with its majestic wings. Each rescue would come at an expense the angel's wings getting destroyed.

Eventually, when the angel loses its wings, I eventually will hit something but only because God deems it necessary that I get a timely reminder to be cautious and not take my 'angel' for granted. He then restores my angel and hopes that I would have learnt well.

Even in my new car, I've busted my angel a number of times and that's after 7 years of driving (wow, been that long). So rest assured that you'll get your doses of near-scrapes. In many ways, it's God sovereign way of ensuring we stay clear of 'near-deaths'.

And yes, use that handbrake. Angels no money one. ;p

シーフアンリン said...

I don't suppose that I was Ken's angel yesterday for pulling the handbrake? Haha, if that's the case, I pray that God would provide him another.

But yeah, do keep your angel in good shape, ya! Never, never ignore your handbrake! xD

シーフアンリン said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kee Ken said...

Jon: That's a very vivid interpretation you have there :D
It's kinda discomforting that sooner or later I'll get my taste of accidents, but seeing how you put it in such a way I guess I can sleep a little easier now xD
Great food for thought..

See Huang: I thought I could just wing it there and then....oh well. Practice!!!