Saturday, February 02, 2008

Back to Home

I'm back!!

It's been a good 37 days spent at Cameron Highlands, and I must say that I loved every single moment spent there during RBS.

From the first day onwards, I felt right at home up there at HCC (Highlands Christian Centre). Sure, the weather was quite unnerving for the first few days but it turned out that the highlands' dry and cool air suited me the most. No more sweaty palms and oily faces, haha. And the fresh air did wonders to my sinus problems, I hardly remember having sneezed at all while up in HCC. And the bed. Queen-sized. Sweet.. (I won the bed from a game of Cho Tai Ti, heheh). Best of all was the food. Aunty Kam Yoke (hope I spelled it correctly) and Kak Tutik are absolutely the bomb when it comes to serving our hungry stomachs. I'm sure she must've cooked like 70+ different dishes throughout our one-month stay there. "Kah-fan" became the most spoken phrase during meal times and trust me when I say that I've eaten more than my fair share of her scrumptious dishes :D

Like any other camp (or in this case 'school') the daily routines flew by very quickly and while we were never short of things to do (book reports, classes, assignments and those kind of things) I still found that entire weeks just zipped by me and before I realised it we were already preparing to leave HCC for our mission trips. The passage of time in the highlands seemed somewhat linear, and everyday I felt like I had only just arrived there at HCC.

That aside, I can't possibly elaborate on everything we did during RBS because a blog post simply can't do justice to relating the RBS experience (I'm sure all RBS-ers would agree) and I don't have any pictures with me yet save for the one below. I'll update when I get the pictures but in the meantime, this picture aptly speaks of our Orang Asli mission trip experience in Pahang:

Back: Maggie, Me, Jon, Kit Meng
Front: Jill, OA girl, Nurul, Jessica, Ann Sue, OA girl, Desiree
Shining Face in the middle: Simon Sim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so cool, Kee Ken. I can imagine, "Kee Ken the Evangelist"... Not bad. Hey, so it's good to hear you did fine in RBS! Old guy like me still haven't experienced mission trip... meh. Oh well, but God bless anyway!

See Huang

Anonymous said...

is that your 'sister'?