Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kampung Putat Again Part 2

Now where was I...

Talking about serving in such a ministry in church, it really required me to give a 110% commitment, as I could see how dedicated they were, the 4 uncles and 2 aunties who went. It takes a lot of time (a whole entire weekend) to be engaged in the OA work, and I really wonder if I'd have the time to continue on in the following months..

Again, this is one area that RBS has helped me to really grow in. I've never dreamt of actually going to these 'ulu' places, let alone leading a mission team there; always thinking that they're a bunch of people left out of society and the modern times. In fact, I have to admit that my impressions of these 'ulu' people were totally different from what they actually turned out to be: ordinary everyday people just like us. They eat, sleep, laugh and cry too. Sometimes I wonder how they can make do without the things which we have come to consider as necessities like constant water supply and a nice decent toilet/bathroom, and yet they get by just fine. We're all just too spoiled I guess..

I went through some of the videos that we took during our mission trips in Tapah and Temerloh and I really miss the friendship and fellowship that we shared with one another. I could see now that at that time we only had one focus in mind and that was to serve the OA people, and that made all the difference in what we did and how we did it. God blessed our time there, and I'm sure we all felt it at one point or another.

The best of times in our OA trip

No comments: