Sunday, February 10, 2008

Kuantan :D

If there was one thing that I regretted not bringing to RBS, it would be a digital camera. Yup. That rectangular piece of megapixel-cruncher that people tote around in their fancy pouches *ahem* and dish out for those trigger-itchy "hey let's take a picture together" shots. I've missed out on a great deal of Kodak moments up in HCC and had to make do with leeching other people's cameras, stealing a shot here and another there. "Oooh, taking picture there leh?!" *sprints to the back and poses* The end result is me ending up with no real pictures to call my own...

So imagine the surprise I got when I went back home that day after graduation. My aunt actually gave me a digicam! But my enthusiasm was doused upon learning that it was a pretty old unit. I mean, it's in brand-new condition, but it's old. For those of you familiar with the Canon Powershot series, the one that I have with me now is a Powershot A10. The latest one is Powershot A710 I think, so that leaves me like 700 Powershots away xD



Yes, you got that right. 1.3 megapixels it is. My brother roared in laughter when he saw that...understandable la, since most handphones today have more megapixels than that. However, they say that megapixels only count for so much and once you hit 5 and above, you don't see any real improvements anymore. So I decided to pack this antique back with me to Kuantan. It uses 4 AA batteries, and I first bought a pack of Eveready from a Petronas station along the highway. Silly me couldn't even milk 10 shots from the camera before the batteries died-ed. I was super-annoyed to say the least...here's one the shots that managed to take.

Back in Kuantan, I spent a bit more and got myself a bunch of Energizer e2 (boo sama Eveready!) Managed to take a good number of shots (way more than 10 lah) and here are the photos on my trip back to Kuantan:

Here's where my grandmother's house is :D

My sis and my cousin (the blue Nintendo DS is hers!!)

My macho grandpa

Cousins from my father's side of family

The great food!

Err..no caption needed for this ler xD

Notice the bunch of people there engaged in a friendly game of mathematics.
"Okay okay, 12 multiplied by 7 divided by 4 is the square root of?"

Visited some old high-school friends too.

And of course, got a stack of ang pows to settle my growing debt with Justina :D

Kuantan had been my home for 15 years and everytime I come back the place still feels practically the same. Every year when we drive past the same ol' roads the familiarity is just there, Kuantan will always be my Kuantan I guess. I'll save the thought-provoking err..thoughts for some other time la I guess. And oh, did I tell you I have my own line of snack food now?


2 comments:

Jon said...

A 1.3 Megapixel camera is fine for 4R size prints so unless you're thinking otherwise, it'll work fine :)

Besides, isn't the content the valuable part - regardless of the resolution? ;P

Get rechargeable batteries like Uniross - they last much longer, and in the long run... a solid investment.

Kee Ken said...

Uniross? Eneloop and GP I know lah, but Uniross good ah? Never heard of them at all lor..you have a set at home? I'd have to think twice before committing any real amount of money though, since it would mean using the camera for good :D