Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Little Things That Count

Come every festive season, there's bound to be an influx of text messages that arrive at my phone. I'm sure you know what I mean, with all the funny 'bear bear' (no no, don't get me wrong Ann Sue) semi-pictures, the 3-page greetings, and all sorts and manners of text messages that are sent out en masse all the time. Sure enough, our penchant for sending out cutesy messages have funded many a BMWs for those big shareholders in Digi Maxis and Celcom without us realizing.

Not that I despise these messages (I mean, it's nice to get them every now and then) of course. They're a friendly gesture, and a means of saying something to all 365 millions of the contacts in your phone book in just a few clicks on the button pad. But what you end up getting is kinda like an impersonal message that doesn't really convey much. When I think that there are 700 people out there who had received the very same message, it starts to look and feel like just...spam. I know I'm treading on thin ice here (and risk being stoned by you guys xD) but I would really wish that we take the time to send more personal messages to the people closer to us, instead of just forwarding the teddy bear/shooting star/christmas tree/what-have-you messages around.

At the end of the day though, I hope I did not come across as too critical or harsh. If I had, then you're entitled to a packet of complimentary Ken Kee salted nuts, heheh.

I was much surprised actually, that I received real greeting cards for Chinese New Year. You know who you are la. It really means a lot, to be able to read the few lines that you people penned on the cards. It's not much, but it's the little things that count :D




And I also just want to commend Ann Sue for sacrificing her money and time (especially time, since she could've been studying) to make sure that all of us gets at least one piece of developed photo from her. I was impressed, to say the least that she willingly developed so many pictures for Shirtliff members (puts the mission team leader here to shame, haha). In fact, for the mission team members alone she must've developed close to 100 pictures. Bravo! A nice big of box of Ken Kee Cashew Nuts is now on its way to your house (^.^) Thanks again!



Oh yea, one last thing. Hope you have fun in Claypot, Justin Lee Ju Wei! I know you're gonna do a lot of great things there, so make sure to keep us updated on your blog :D We'll all miss you (I think) and make sure you bring us back nice expensive souvenirs ya. Kay la, just kidding. Nice can already, no need expensive xD

No comments: