Monday, May 26, 2008

Answered

It's all too easy to bury yourself in doubt, to try and grab with your own small hands the huge clusters of uncertainties that follow us all the time in the name of living a life here on humble earth...

True, I was pretty annoyed and unhappy over how I failed my first round of driving exam. I failed before even actually hitting the real tarmacs. But the things that took place, the happenings that happened and the stuff that went on while I fast-forwarded my life to the following exam two weeks later only seemed to say one thing: who are you of little faith to question the way of the LORD?

I certainly had a good dose of surprises lately: The LORD opened new and totally unexpected doors. I was roped in for Parents' Appreciation Night. A friend came back from the faraway fields of America. I'm doing my quiet time more often (but still never enough of course). I passed my driving exam. Oh wait, sorry bout that. I PASSED MY DRIVING EXAM!!!!

Headed over to the driving school at the crack of dawn today, to see the faces of the instructors and examiners there again. To sit and frolic in the cloud of smoke (cigarette and automobile). To chat with fellow 'also-failed-road-test' friends.

I prayed did pray quite earnestly for this, because I didn't want to burn anymore cash on retaking the exams...it's bad enough that they force you waste a whole entire day there. And how the LORD answered....

Comparatively speaking, I certainly enjoyed this revisit to the driving school a lot more...being there for the second time kinda makes you feel like you're a pro I guess, haha. I knew what I had to do this time... I sat in the first row of chairs while waiting for their registration counter to open. And I was the first person to register. Muahaha~

So far so good, I went to wait for my turn at the road-test area. Having two friends around to chit-chat with sure made a lot of difference, even though I only knew them two weeks ago xD Thanks Elaine and Ian for the company! By the time I had registered, it was about 8.30 plus. They had about five or six JPJ instructors today, and each instructor took examinees in stacks of seven or more. I was at the top of one of those stacks. And off I went at 9.00, probably one of the first to take to the roads today :D

This time around, the handbrake took a backseat and there were no mati-enjin fiascoes to be had, fortunately :) Along the route, everything was smooth-sailing and I certainly could feel that God was with me all the way......I'm really thankful that He answered my prayers so perfectly, He never ceases to amaze me. Back at the driving school fifteen minutes later, the JPJ officer gave me a nice and cozy 17/20 to take back home. Not Hamis Lewilton or anything of that sort yet, that's for sure but it more than sufficed for me (^.^)

But all these when set against a backdrop of constantly turning away from God, constantly shutting him out from the things that I do....I know I'm at a crossroad of sorts spiritually. I either buck up, or I'll just end up pulling up sooner or later. Rest assured though, I'm not quite gonna give in just yet ;D In fact, the fight's just only begun...

2 comments:

Jon said...

Welcome to the 17/20 club!! :D

Just in time too. Maybe now we'll be able to go to Sukumaran cause you can pick me "on the way"! ;D

Way to go cikgu!

Kee Ken said...

Yay, thanks man! xD

Won't be driving anytime too soon though, must pass the parents' test first, haha. And I doubt my current driving skills would be enough anyway...have to wait till next month (hopefully by then I can hit the roads ler..)