Friday, May 02, 2008

How Can I Stand Here And Not Be Moved By You

In the book of Job, he lamented that he had done no wrong to deserve the woe that had befallen him. He lost his family, his wealth, his friends, his dignity and practically everything else that could be taken away from him. Many times he had wanted to plead his case with God, to put it into argument, to find out just exactly why he had been treated so unjustly and unfairly. He cursed the day he was born, understandably because he simply could not take it anymore, living in suffering and, most importantly, seemingly separated from the presence of God.

It's ironic though, because I find myself being the anti-Job, in the way that I am convinced I had done more than enough wrong to condemn my soul to eternal death, and yet the LORD would never cease to lend a hand to raise me up time and again. At the risk of being self-righteous, I question why the LORD wouldn't just send down a rain of sulphur, annihilate me from the face of earth and just get it over and done with, and move on to another more 'worthy' soul. And it's funny how I can say that, because it puts me in a 'holier-than-God' position...For all it's worth, God's love is more than any soul can fathom, more than any computer can compute, more than any ruler can measure. I can only thank Him that He first loved me.

How can I stand here and not be moved by You...

No comments: