Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Oops

Okay okay, so I made a mistake earlier about the whole recording thing and needless to say it was quite embarassing (oops!) but many thanks to our cK for the prompt (frantic) alert. Thankfully, the situation was contained within one or two hours with minimal casualties (frontline victim: Simon Sim). I had almost wanted to ask all the other RBS-ers to come and get our recording of Stubborn Love..which I didn't, fortunately.

But that aside, I still liked the song very much, and it's not too hard to imagine that we were the ones singing in the recording (use lots of imagination lor). In fact, I got down to drawing a little something just to express how I feel about it. Before we go any further though, here are some quick facts:

-I started drawing in manga art-style when I was in Form..2 or 3
-I was influenced by Justin Lee Ju Wei
-I only practiced drawing girls, so until today I can ONLY draw girls (now now, don't jump to conclusions..), which isn't so bad since Justin only draws GUYS and there's always a chance that we could collaborate in the future, hahaha.
-I've improved by leaps and bounds since I first started, but I'm still lousy and my improvement/year ratio is horrible (meaning that I should have gone pro as a manga artist by now)
-I absolutely don't know how to colour with any medium whatsoever (poster paint, colour pencil, pastel crayons and all other known types of colouring materials)
-I so adore/detest Simon's natural talent of pencil-work (voted 'Most Valuable Artist' in Shirtliff's team, haha). More interestingly, I remember clearly until today the first day we met in church because he showed off his skills on a whiteboard :D
-I consider my artistic sense (or creativity, or spark, or inspiration or anything else that you'd label it as) to be pretty near to zero or sifar. Not that I have LSE (low self-esteem) or anything, but I can see that some people just have that..that 'oopmh' factor in them, that makes all the difference in any kind of 'arty' activities (no need to say who ler).


I'm still very bad at visualising emotions and feelings though, and often end up with something that doesn't convey much, if not the wrong things. I'd picture it in my head, then work hard to draw it out, only to end up with 'what the heck is this drawing about' a few hours later..but I decided to post one here anyway. Not because it's perfect, but because I spent so much time on this that I thought it should at least get some screen time on my blog :)

*ta-da!* I had something else in mind actually, but no matter ;D

No comments: