Monday, March 24, 2008

Over Easter


Easter's over, and I suppose many of you in Klang Valley would've had gone for the Jamie Kidd event hosted by IBA and its affiliated churches. I don't know exactly how well the whole thing went, since I was about 400 kilometers away in Kuantan for the last 3 days but from what I heard the LORD had been making waves in many of the places that the Tony Anthony team had visited.

Everyone knows the Easter story in one way or another. Jesus came, suffered, died and rose again. To the ears of skeptical non-believers, this is all just a load of hot air and nonsensical 'no need to tell me that story again' religious publicity, but thank God for the people who saw things in a different light and made that bold step to walk out in faith.


I have been challenged again and again in terms of my faith, and where I'm placing it. I still find myself struggling with the fact that I'm not giving the Lord the honor, attention and respect that He deserves as Saviour, Redeemer and King. I fall, and as much as I feel like wanting to give up, the Lord reminds me that I am but human.

"What I want to do I do not do, what I hate I do", so laments Paul in Romans and yes, he was speaking absolute sense when he topped it off with "Oh! What a miserable person I am" (NLT). But the more I try to pull away into despair, the more I realise the awesome saving grace that the Lord had extended to me. So wretched, so lost. But saved nevertheless, and clothed in a flowing robe of undying love that covers all the guilt of sin and shame that I have wallowed myself in.

Spiritual struggles aside, here's something that most of you probably do not have in possession. When I posted K.T.'s version of Stubborn Love here a while back, many of you had managed to find the song elsewhere *ahem*download*ahem*. But THIS should grab your attention a little. Colin had generously sent to me the recording of our version of Stubborn Love after seeing that I didn't find a liking for the original singer's composition. But don't get me wrong here, I said our version, not our recording like it was previously understood xD (sorry Simon!!) It was converted into digital format from an old cassete though, so it doesn't sound much like a full-blown concert but it's pretty cool to hear 'us' (well, not us lah but doesn't hurt to imagine that it's us right, haha) singing again :D I even used my free time to come up with the cover for the imaginary 'RBS o8 Graduation' box-set DVD :P

Out in stores now!
Me being me, I took the song and tried to 'digitally remaster' it with whatever little audio knowledge I have and it didn't quite make any difference, save for less static and nicer bass tones xD Go, grab a copy of it now and relive the practice sessions that we had, haha.

Version A (scratchy, but smaller file size) - Grab It!

Version B (not so scratchy and nicer bass, but bigger file size and the quality is a bit poorer) - Grab It!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodnessgraciousme...

WE SOUND SO AWESOME!!!!!

It's like a professional choir wei. Seriously! I was blown away. Amazing lah.

I still can't believe that's us, man :P

Thanks Ken! For this precious recording and for invoking a 10-foot tsunami of nostalgia in me :')

Kee Ken said...

Aiks? You really think so? I couldn't tell since I'm not half as musically-inclined xD

But yea, hearing us sing really brought the memories and emotions back. "Wow, that was us..."

Thank Colin! He was brilliant enough to have recorded it :D Even I was surprised that he actually had it recorded onto a cassete..

Anonymous said...

WEI!!! WEI!!! WAAAAITTTT!!!

Not correct! Not correct! Not correct! :)

Ken, my email to you said that it's "the original recording of the choral arrangement you guys sung", meaning it's the ORIGINAL RECORDING of the VERSION you guys sung, NOT a recording of you guys singing. The arrangement is the same as what you sung, but it's sung by a professional choir. It's from an old cassette I have, hence the poor sound quality. I don't record on cassette anymore lah; it's so yesterday! :p

So Simon, you can go unbloat your head now. Haha!

And Ken, the only thing you got right was that I am brilliant. :p Oh wait, also the bit that you are not half as musically-inclined. LOL!

Kee Ken said...

Eh, that means I AM musically inclined, since I thought it was impossible that we sounded anything like the recording, haha.

OKAY, cut cut. Better edit the post first...thanks for the heads up colin, wouldn't want all the RBS people to come and beat me up over this, haha. I totally misunderstood your e-mail wei...

Sorry SIM!!!