Monday, March 31, 2008

Off to Work

In about half-an-hour, I'd have to change, get ready and scoot over to my workplace.

Today I should be starting officially in my new official position doing official work with official menial tasks (read: boring) waiting for me even as we speak xD

Monday mornings are normally reserved for rantings and complaints about how your boss is lousier than you, how you are badly underpaid and overwork, how your workplace ranks at the top among 'World's Worst Workplaces' and that sort of stuff; and nobody wakes up after Sunday saying "Yes!! Work!!!!!". I'm saying this because the last two times I took on temporary working stints I found myself in such situations, and I believe the general sentiment among the working crowd shouldn't differ too much (unless you're one of the few who likes what you're doing for a living).

However, due to the nature of my current work and workplace, I have a pretty good feeling that I'm in for a lot more than I bargained for. It's gonna be tough in many ways, and I really do hope that I'd be able to do it right. It might seem like a very minor and unimportant job to some, but I see the many challenges that lie ahead of me and it would certainly take more than just determination alone to get me through. I'm curious and excited to see how things would go, but at the end of the day I just hope that I would grow in maturity, both mentally and spiritually...

No comments: